• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rooster painting (1 Viewer)

Bob in SF

Just a little Hello from a new member - did this acrylic from a field sketch, then figured he'd look nice as a hearty wake up from the Golden Gate Bridge. - Bob

Attachments

• RoosterPtg.jpg
    RoosterPtg.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 161
Bob in SF said:
Just a little Hello from a new member - did this acrylic from a field sketch, then figured he'd look nice as a hearty wake up from the Golden Gate Bridge. - Bob

Very good,is that a detail from a larger painting?

Reminds me of some of those paintings commissioned by farmers in the 19th
century of their prize winning breeds!

Matt

Last edited:
Thanks...

matt green said:
Very good,is that a detail from a larger painting?

Reminds me of some of those paintings commisioned by farmers in the 19th
century of their prize winning breeds!

Matt

That's the whole painting, 18x24", canvas. I like to add a heroic touch and give the subjects a winning visage. Thanks, Matt. - Bob

It is a remarkable idea, Bob - certainly not conventional! Be sure to post more of your stuff, I, for one, would like to see more of your creativity.

Regarding BirdForum - I've been on loads of other sites and this one is (in my humble opinion) by far and away the best. I love the way folk from every corner of the world (should that be segment?), regardless of colour, creed, political persuasion - just get on with the important stuff - birds and conservation and having a laugh!
(Do I get my £10 now, Admin????!!!!)

18x24 is a decent sized painting!...so this rooster head must be very impressive up close in real life!...very nice!

Rooster up close (response to Bettyann)...

bettyann said:
18x24 is a decent sized painting!...so this rooster head must be very impressive up close in real life!...very nice!

Betty - Here he is up a little closer. - Bob

ps: here's another secret - taken directly from the Vermeer bag of tricks: I always do a complete gray scale underpainting before any color glazes are applied. I find that color blinds me when I'm trying to figure out the composition, perspectve and light flow. That's also why 90% percent of my photographs have been black and white. My colors are saturated for sure, but they are late to the party.

Attachments

• RoosterPtg3.jpg
    RoosterPtg3.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 128
Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back