• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bicycle trip at last day of April in South-East Finland (Kotka-Pyhtaa) (1 Viewer)

Warixenjalka

Birdwitcher
Finland
I started 7.30 am. The air was quite chilly (+5 Celsius-degrees), but sunny - later afternoon more and more cloudy. Along the way there were such a forest, a field as a wetland. I measured the length of the trip later in the map about 32 km, and the time I went to almost 7 hours. Part of the way I did the small / challenging forest trails that I had to friend walk my bike.

Bird species are in the order of I see (or heard) them:
Blackbird, Mallard, Great Crested Grebe, Common Goldeneye, Wood Warbler (only heard), Blue Tit, European Robin, Willow Warbler, Common Tern, Mew Gull, Eurasian Jay, Chaffinch, Great Tit, Wood Pigeon, (Hooded) Crow, White Wagtail, Herring Gull, Song Thrush, Fieldfare, Greenfinch, Dunnock, Common Buzzard, Tree Pipit, Eurasian Treecreeper, Yellowhammer, Chiffchaff (heard), Eurasian Skylark, Tree Sparrow, Bean Goose, Northern Lapwing, Common Black-headed Gull, Little Gull, Northern Pintail, Common Merganser, Northern Shoveler, Tufted Duck, Mute Swan, Grey Heron, Common Greenshank, Common Coot, Magpie, Ruff, Jackdaw, Lesser Spotted Woodpecker, European Starling, Common Kestrel, Greater Whitethroat (heard), Pheasant, Greater Spotted Woodpecker, Blackcap, Barn Swallow, European Goldfinch, Common Sandpiper and Eurasian Bittern (heard).

Totally 54 species. Nothing very special, but seven new birds for this year for me. Now I have seen 106 species in Finland at 2014. So if you think about that, I saw on this trip for more than half of those species - I think it is pretty good for one bicycle trip.

Attachments

• IMG_5060_1.jpg
    IMG_5060_1.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5136_1.jpg
    IMG_5136_1.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5194_1.jpg
    IMG_5194_1.jpg
    366.9 KB · Views: 38
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back