• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Conquest 8x30? (1 Viewer)

rustydog

Howdy,
I could use a little advice. Right now I have Leupold GR non-hd 8x32 binos and they are heavy (27oz.). They are fine optically to my eye, but I am far from an expert. My question is would the Zeiss Conquest 8x30's be a step up or a step down optically. I am open to suggestions also. I carry a lot of other gear so a little less weight would be nice. Like I said, the Loopy's are fine, but everytime I pick them up I think, "I could be carrying a 10x50 for this much weight!" Thanks in advance for any info or advice you may have to offer.

I would say you have to see it in hand. I had some problem with the optics of the 10x40 Conquest. It took me a while to decide to sell them, since I never really could pin down what my dislike was. I preferred 10x42 Monarchs to them in the field.

I had a set when they first came out. Optically brilliant but I had HUGE problems with glare off the oculars which made them unusable to me. Don't know to this day why but it was disturbing because they were bright and extremely sharp.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back