• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Another porro bites the dust? (1 Viewer)

Having realised today just how much I like my Bushnell Legend 8x42 porro, I went to Bushnells website to check the specs but there was no Legend 8x42 porro to be found there.

Another porro consigned to history?

The nearest equivalent on the website seems to be the Legacy 8x42 porro. Are they any good? They don't look as bomb-proof as the Legends. I get the feeling that it will take a hell of a bash to make the bridge wobble on the Legends.

I may have to buy an extra pair of Legends in case my present ones have an accident.

Boo! Bring them back!

I checked the Bushnell North America site and you're right. The only Legends left are the 8x26 and 10x26. Apparently the Legend Ultra HD's have replaced them. That's a shame because there are no porros in the Ultra HD lineup. This could mean that they'll be some clearance deals on them though. I'll definitely keep an eye out.

I bought my Legend 8x42 porros on clearance last summer at Sportsman's Warehouse here in Denver. The sales lady said that the only one of the Legends that was selling was the 10x50 porro. So, they stopped carrying the rest. The perceived wisdom has been that you can't sell porros for more than $200. Maybe low cost roofs are getting good enough now that you can't sell porros for under $200 either. I hope that isn't the case. I'd love to see some mid range porros like the Nikon SE and E II back on the US market. Chances aren't looking good.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back