• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zen Ray ZRS HD comparison (1 Viewer)

Richardi

In the $200 price range, any thoughts/opinions about the 10X42 Zen Ray ZRS HD; Alpen Shasta Ridge; Vortex Diamondback. All have excellent reviews; the Alpen with the lowest cost. Eye relief is a factor.

Thanks
Richard

for the $200.00 range you are looking for i searously do not think you will find anything better then the Zen Ray ZRS-HD
i have a pair of ED2 8x43 and optically they are really impressive and i was thinking of picking up a pair of swarovski
8x50 SLC and to be totally honest with you the swaros were a 2001 model and i could not see where they were really any better then my Zens,i would like to buy a pair of the ZRS-HD myself because they are a little more compact and would be easier to handle up in a tree,hunting of coarse.and they have excellent reviews on here and on ArcheryTalk

If price is a concern, the ZenRay VISTA 8x42 for $129 seems to be a good fit. Not sure about Shasta ridge. From the spec, it probably has old aluminum prism coating and it weighs 26 oz. Both VISTA and diamondback have silver roof prism coating and they weigh 24oz. The ZRS HD has dielectric roof prism coating with metallic barrel and it weighs 23oz.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back