• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

great spotted woodpecker (1 Viewer)

jojo ireland

Glad to say I managed to see male woodpecker and female today. I know woodpeckers are common in England and other parts of the British Isles, but for me they are a major thrill. It's good to be able to share my excitement with fellow bird lovers, hope my Northern Irish woodpeckers are successful!

Nice one, Jojo!!! It´s a real thrill to see them doing well in Ireland. They bred near where I live in Bray last year, and they´ve been seen a few times and heard drumming recently, I hope as you do that they´re doing well! It´s great to have some good birding news, considering the species-loss, and raptor-poisoning that´s been going on.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back