• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pentax: scope & cameras (esp Optio A10) (1 Viewer)

lachlustre

Should be recording bird song
I am completely new at digiscoping... Hope this makes sense!

I'm pretty set on getting myself a Pentax PF65ED scope... and now I'm thinking of the camera to go with it.

Obviously, Pentax is ALSO a fairly large manufacturer of the compact digital cameras of the general genre that seem to be popular with digiscoping (from what I can tell). They sell a bunch of cameras with 3x zoom, small lens diameters, etc. The Optio A10, which has caught my eye (probably just cos its newest and shiniest, but oh well) has 8 MPixels and image stabilization, which also has had some proponents. Pentax even make an adapter to match their scopes up to their cameras.

However I have found very little about digiscoping with Optio cameras (with or without Pentax scopes). Am I missing something? Has anyone had any success? Did you use the Pentax adapter or something else?

Cheers,
Rob

Hi lachlustre: I also own and use a Pentax scope for birding and digiscope. I have no experience with Pentax cameras but I think could offer a little advise. Is is important you choose your eyepiece carefully. My experience is that fixed eyepices are in general better than zoom (al least for digiscoping). Jose

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back