• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon 350D fault (1 Viewer)

WCA

Hi,

My Canon 350D will not switch on. I have tried several different, fully charged batteries.

Before this happened I had noticed nothing happening at the time i've attempted to press the shutter on a few occasions lately. Could this have been a symptom?

Before I take it to a shop, i'm wondering if anyone can comment whether this sounds terminal or expensive to repair given the price drop of Canon 350Ds lately.

I have owned the camera body for a couple of years.

Thanks in advance of any replies,

Bill.

Hi

I just joined this forum tonight and saw you have had the same problem as I with the 350d not turning on.

I know its a bit late in posting, as you will have had it sorted by now.

But it took me a while to find out how to clear this fault.

1. remove main battery, put battery to fully charge
2. remove also the memory battery from inside the camera battery compartment.
3. Leave the camera for at least half an hour.
4. after half an hour, insert memory battery, then the fully charged main battery.
the read/write red led on the rear of the camera will then start flashing again as
normal when a battery is inserted.
5. Because of the memory battery removal, the camera defaults back to factory
settings and needs to be reset to how it was customised.

appologies if this is already known, but someone like me might find it useful to know and save on unwanted expense in sending it back to Canon.

Cut / paste and print and put it in your manual, because Canon can't :)

Regards

photoshy

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back