• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

'Images' (1 Viewer)

Chuckle...! I apologize for blinding you with 'that' flower Ken....but i guess i was just reacting to the intensity of the light....[as were the flowers]....:cat:

Here is a more 'morning friendly' version just for you....;)

ps...thanks for the welcome back...[and you Ed]...:t:...[i never realized i'd been away]....:smoke:

Ah that's better. And striking as well! It's amazing how strong grays can be.

great work - after every visit to this thread, I look a little bit harder at the world around me.

I take that as a great compliment and i sincerely thank you Nick...!

It pleases me immensely to think that my photographic images can, in some small but positive way, affect how others may view the spectacular world that surrounds us....

I know, as i'm sure we all do, that when we are focused on particular subjects...[ie birds]...that we often overlook other 'things' of great interest....forms and compositions...the seemingly mundane....etc

ps...[Ken]...am glad you like the monochrome dandelion...[no need for sunglasses]...;) I think the mono version just highlights the flowers form to some degree...[and to think...that hopefully very soon...my Hobbies may once more be cruising overhead this very flower].....fingers crossed as they say....:t:

no, thank YOU, Mr User! You have a talent for opening eyes, which is to my mind much more important than just producing pleasing pictures.

You are all very kind....[blimey...i sound like John Merrick]...! ;) :smoke:

In-between marveling at Spring blossoms today i was happily distracted by 4 pairs of Garganey and a pair of RB mergansers...[I did take some pix of the garganey but i don't consider them to have much artistic merit so i won't attach them here]...so instead......:cat:

Attachments

• 005 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    005 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 005 - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg
    005 - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 005 - Copy - Copy - Copy (2).jpg
    005 - Copy - Copy - Copy (2).jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 005 - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg
    005 - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 36
After visiting the vampire section of the hospital this morning i took an hour to wander my local arboretum......a cool wind blew through the trees and swayed the poplars and blossoms...

The sun still shone and warmed the earth and all around birdsong filled the air... [tho i failed to find any interesting new spring migrants]....:smoke:

Just a few images reflecting that hour....

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 036 - Copy.jpg
    036 - Copy.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 033.jpg
    033.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 28
And just a few more images reflecting this afternoon....

ode to dandelions.....

ps..sorry if you need sunglasses to view these....;)

Attachments

• 051 - Copy.jpg
    051 - Copy.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 051 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    051 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 30
  • 050 - Copy.jpg
    050 - Copy.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 050.jpg
    050.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 050 - Copy (2).jpg
    050 - Copy (2).jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 45
No sunglasses warning this late in the day user! I had just gotten up the other day when I looked at your bright images. Normally I'm all for brightness.

I particularly like the last two of these. The perspective makes them look more like huge palm trees.

On a side note our favorite vegetable of the last few months has been dandelion, though we actually buy the cultivated type which is really a chicory. There's just something about eating greens in spring that seems right.

Blimey!

Love the 'watercolour'.

They are very friendly in the vampire section H2.....[tho after a year now tis getting a bit tedious....i mean...just how much blood do they want]...? And they've still yet to decide if i'm human or not...[chuckle]..!

ps....thank you for all the kind comments on the Florida palm tree dandelions:t:...i was trying to convey their sunny disposition and surge in growth....albeit from some strange perspectives...[to me they burned the ground like a thousand suns]....

pps...here's just a few more pix from yesterday...including a shot of a recent arrival round my way....[his strange gutteral utterances alerted me to his presence as he flew over Hobbyland]....;)

The Raven is most welcome on my local patch.....

Attachments

• 010 - Copy.jpg
    010 - Copy.jpg
    530.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 071 - Copy.jpg
    071 - Copy.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    513.9 KB · Views: 35
love the Raven,

a pair has just started to hang around the horse trough outside my window and it's so funny to see my little Pixie, black and white cat stalking them, they are way bigger than her and always see her coming.

These are superb Cristian - the inclusion of the bursting foliage brings a point of colour to the greys of the peckers and woodland. Very lovely indeed.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back