• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Newbee is this a Cuckoo (1 Viewer)

CANONROB

Hi
New to all of this, not to sure but is this a female Cuckoo hiding away in the bushes in Kent UK, my first thoughts through the lens was that it was a Thrush, but it was to large.
I hope this does not bore you being probably a comon bird.

Thanks for your help Rob

Last edited:
It doesn't look like a Cuckoo with those spots, Nikonrob. I think it's a Mistle Thrush, which may explain why it seemed quite large for a thrush.

Yet another vote for Mistle Thrush!The pattern of breast spotting,what can be seen of the facial pattern and the pale outer web of the outer tail feather on the bird's left hand side(to the R in the pic) point towards that species,and we also know that the bird was large as per the finder.
Harry

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back