• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Costa's Hummingbird? (1 Viewer)

Chuck A. Walla

I know I have Anna's overwintering here in Southern Nevada but recently I've been seeing a flash of blue.

This is a shot of it in flight. Unlike the Anna's it is very skitterish and I'm having a hard time judging the wing length thing and I've never positively ID ed a Costa's yet.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMGP0995.jpg
    IMGP0995.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 204
Chuck A. Walla said:
I know I have Anna's overwintering here in Southern Nevada but recently I've been seeing a flash of blue.

This is a shot of it in flight. Unlike the Anna's it is very skitterish and I'm having a hard time judging the wing length thing and I've never positively ID ed a Costa's yet.

Thanks

Looks like you have got a Costa's there.

Yes, thank you all. I managed to catch it perching in the Creosote Bushes this morning. My first positive ID.

Attachments

• IMGP1045.jpg
    IMGP1045.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 199
Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back