• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Got dead close to feeding birds (1 Viewer)

Euan Buchan

The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
Supporter
Scotland
This morning I nboticed that my dangling nestbox was not straight so I went out to straight it and noticed Tits feeding I walked up really slowly and the Tits didn't care that I was in reaching ground probably if I had a peanut on my hand they would have flown to my hand and grabbed it but it was great never happened before until they saw me they flew over to the other fedder while I straightend the nestbox went inside and saw them fly back again.

I once positioned my chair just in front of the feeder to get some shade from the tree on a particularly hot day... I didn't think the birds would bother coming to the feeder when I was that close, but I heard a rustle of wings and a coal tit came down- wasn't fussed by me being there at all! It's good to see them that close!

Today I filled up the fgeeder and put some some peanuts on my hand and a Blue Tit flew onto my hand and ate the peanuts it was a great experience felt like a lil budgie

WOW! That's wonderful! I remember how thrilled I was the first time a bird flew to my hand- it was a robin, it came for some seed and I was so amazed it actually FLEW to my hand... you're dead right, it feels exactly like a little budgie!

Yesterday I got about 4 feet from some goldfinches at my feeder :D It was incredible!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back