• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hobby or Peregrine (1 Viewer)

rabsi

Hi Forum
Saw this at RSPB Lodmoor yesterday. Thought it might be either a Hobby or a Peregrine. What do you think?

Attachments

• Copy of DSCN0706.JPG
    Copy of DSCN0706.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 356
Tricky .... would have to be Peregrine I guess , Hobby's are summer visitors to England ... to the best of my knowledge anyway ! But it look's Peregrine-ified to me .

From the dark broad moustache, thats visible, i would
say peregrine.

Peregrine.

Hobby is a summer visitor and I am not aware of any records for this time of year (but I am prepared to be overruled).

Thanks for your help. If I had done the research properly before hand, I would have realised the Hobby was a summer visitor.

As others have said, there's no realistic chance of Hobby at this time of year, but be that as it may, with that hood and moustache it's clearly a Peregrine.

Jason

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back