• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

2 days available end of June - where to go ? (1 Viewer)

I think I had a close encounter with one of those protonotaries once, but it was too dark at the time to see it. I should have hunted down some recordings at the time to compare to what I heard... ;)

Hi - in football (soccer) parlance it was a game of 2 halves - first half spent in the Minneapolis area was fairly unsuccessful and wet - got very rained on at Crosby Farm and saw little of note I think either there or at Snelling Fort - certainly no prothonotaries which were a bit of a target.

Second half things improved significantly in the Aitkin County area - McGregor, Palisade, southern Sax-Zim - GGOwl, B-b woodpecker, Upland sandpiper and Connecticut warbler to name but a few and some fantastic out of the way places.

Great country. 103 sp.

And thank you to you all for your input in making my 2 days so productive and enjoyable.

I figured Aitkin would be a good bet. Nice that you were able to see the resident breeding GGOW. Not easy to find.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back