• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Panorama, (1 Viewer)

harv 1

Hi,
Contacted Uttings this a.m also Debens.
Uttings do not expect any for a couple of weeks but more of a worry
the lady at Debens said they had a few pairs in and had returned
them as they were not happy with " a few things " suggesting I call
back in three to four weeks.
So now thinking about Vortex Viper H.D. or may if funds allow Zeiss
Conquest. 8x42 / 8x40.
Any thoughts please.
Kind regards,
Phil.

I have no experience with the Hawke model mentioned, but I can say that the Vortex Viper HD, particular in the 8x32 but also the 8x42 model, is simply fantastic; however, the FoV, particularly on the x42 model, is somewhat underwhelming. The Conquest HD is near-alpha quality and I honestly don't know why anyone would consider something else if they owned that set of binoculars. Another 8x42 option to consider at your price-point is the Leupold McKinley BX-4; it is basically another near-alpha but made in China from what I have seen.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back