• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

American Robins are back! (1 Viewer)

I just saw my first Robins today when taking a walk during my lunch break at work!
Still no Red-Winged Blackbirds, but it's a nice thing to see a small group (roughly 20) hopping from tree to tree! Very excited for the coming spring!

Does their arrival date vary from year to year according to weather, or is there a trend towards earlier migration (dare I say related to climate change)?
In mid-March 1986 I spent 2 weeks at Pigeon Lake near Holland, MI (my first visit to USA). American robins appeared in week 2, following the snowmelt northwards. I've just checked Google Maps and see you are a quite a lot further north than Holland. I do recall seeing red-winged blackbirds too though, in scrub at a wetland nature park.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back