• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zig-view (1 Viewer)

I have the basic model and use it from time to time. It's handy for low or high level shots, though I do prefer to put my eye to the view finder if I can. The screen is a good quality and works very well for composing shots, though I would not want to try to manual focus on it.

I also have the basic model and it is good for composing low-level shots of static subjects, or pre-positioning on a perch, but I have found it too slow for moving subjects, even slow swimming ducks.

As Peter said, I wouldn't try to manual focus with it - there is nowhere near enough resolution.

I ended up buying Canon's right-angle viewfinder which is excellent, but I still use the zig-view as my wife gets first dibs on the Canon viewfinder ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back