• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Aftermarket lens covers (1 Viewer)

TrisBootz

Does anyone know if they make after matket lens covers for Zeiss? I'm particular the non that are attached to the lens and can be flipped off? (Like Vortex).

Check out Eagle Optics Binocular Accessories to find out what they have that might fit your needs. They have tethered lens cover sets in size's small and large. Ask if they will fit your binocular when you call them. Small fits an outside diameter of 44mm.

https://www.eagleoptics.com/collections/binocular-accessories?page=2

They also carry some Zeiss accessories.

Personally I like the original tethered objective covers that came with my Zeiss Victory 7x42 FL T*. They flip down and out of the way easily.

What Zeiss binocular do you need them for?

Bob

Last edited:
The largest flip-up unit I can find is made by Butler Creek. Size #51 has an internal diameter of 64mm. I think the largest Vortex (#7) is 61mm.

My ZEISS 8x56 bins have an outside objective diameter of 68mm so the hunt continues!

LGM

Last edited:
I'm looking for a 42 MM set of covers for Zeiss conquest binos. Haven't pulled the trigger on them as I'm deciding between 8-10x. Currently in using a pair of eagle optics ranger 10x42. Age old debate I know..lol..

I'm looking for a 42 MM set of covers for Zeiss conquest binos. Haven't pulled the trigger on them as I'm deciding between 8-10x. Currently in using a pair of eagle optics ranger 10x42. Age old debate I know..lol..

Welcome to the Birdforum.

I've got some from Eagle Optics that are the Vortex brand for my
Conquest. They fit perfect, the original Zeiss
things are a pitiful design.

They are very helpful, and will know what size fits.
I would give them a call.

Jerry

Opticron makes a complete line of lens caps, they're available on Amazon. The 42mm versions (50-52mm outside diameter) fit on the objective of 8x42 Conquest HD Binos.

, the original Zeiss things are a pitiful design.
Yes they are! (Conquest HD, that is) I contacted Zeiss about how easy they fall off, and their answer was they have no alternative available at this time. Now my rain covers have broken the little tabs that keep them on the neck strap, so I've contacted Zeiss for replacements - haven't heard back yet (4 weeks and counting).

Zeiss Terra ED 10x42 Binos

I too am looking for Objective and Ocular after market lens covers. I prefer the tethered Objective covers. I sent an email to Eagle Optics. Should hear back from them tomorrow. Recommendations?

Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back