• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lagunas de Lantejuela (Seville, Spain) (1 Viewer)

John Cantelo

I plan to write-up some notes on Lagunas de Lantejuela (Seville) for my blog and my thread on birding in Spain on BF. The trouble is I can't find out the names of some of the lagunas. I've drawn a map of the area with a list of lagunas in the complex. I've attached both to this post. As GoogleEarth seems to have been done in a dry year I'm not 100% I've placed the lagunas in the right place! I think they may be named in the new edition of 'Where to watch birds in southern & western Spain' but my copy's in Spain!

Can anyone help?

Attachments

• Lantejuela Query Names..png
    Lantejuela Query Names..png
    26.9 KB · Views: 51
I plan to write-up some notes on Lagunas de Lantejuela (Seville) for my blog and my thread on birding in Spain on BF. The trouble is I can't find out the names of some of the lagunas. I've drawn a map of the area with a list of lagunas in the complex. I've attached both to this post. As GoogleEarth seems to have been done in a dry year I'm not 100% I've placed the lagunas in the right place! I think they may be named in the new edition of 'Where to watch birds in southern & western Spain' but my copy's in Spain!

Can anyone help?

My copy of Garcia and Paterson(2008 edition) has just 4 lagunas on it. The only one you do not have is 'g'. It is Laguna De las Turquillas

Thanks, Mark, that was quick! I think that this means e) must be Laguna de Calderon Chica. I picked up the list of lagunas from a Spanish blog about the area, but neither it nor other sources I could find had a map. Odd considering that they are trying to encourage eco-tourism,

John

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back