• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Thumbnail viewing problem (1 Viewer)

M Cowming

Ireland
Hi guys,

I've just installed Zonealarm Firewall on my PC (Windows 98) and the unfortuante side effect is that I cannot view thumbnails , for example, in the Bird Identification forum.

This happened the last time I installed the firewall but rectified itself as soon as I uninstalled it.

Anyone got any ideas how to keep the firewall and view thumbnails???

Much appreciated,

Someday they will get more sophisticated security software which will let you designate some sites as safe.

Whilst i dont use Zonealarm , i do know that some other firewalls block images of a certain size.In other firewalls theres some times a list of these image sizes that can be deleted /added or altered.Could this also be the case with ZA?

I had problems with ZA after updating to version 5.0. I uninstalled it and reinstalled an earlier version.

Go to privacy on your zone alarm screen/site list/right click on birdforum.net link/click options/uncheck all boxes in cookies, ad blocking and mobile code.You should be set to go.

Thanks K-Bird...your advice works. Just untick any box relative to birdforum.net and away you go...great!!!

Regards,

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back