• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kowa 883 adapter for Canon G10 (1 Viewer)

holdinsteady

holdinsteady
I have a Kowa 883 and want to adapt my Canon G10 for digiscoping.......What adapter do I need to work with the TSN-DA4......the DA1 or the DA10? I like the idea of being able to swing the camera away from the scope for viewing but just not sure which adapter I need for the G10 to work on the DA-4 adapter. I have the 20x60 zoom and 25xLER eyepieces.
Thanx for your replies, Jerry

Last edited:
If you are using the newest eyepieces designed for the 880/770 series scopes (TE-10z/17w/20h) then you need the DA10.

Happy New Year,
Rick

The G10 has a big lens and will probably need a long eye relief eyepiece. I think there is a thread somewhere on the topic of digiscoping with the G9/G10 cameras.

Thanx for the replies........I ordered the DA4 and DA10 today. I've got the scope and the Minox DCM......the camera and adapters are somewhere in cyberspace.....maybe by the end of next week I can start experimenting with this stuff......but until then B :)
Happy New Year 8-P
Jerry

Yeah, when I replied to this thread 5mos ago I did not have a DA4. Now I do. The G10 is a big camera with a long lens. It will not sit well on the DA4. You may not even be able to turn it on without the lens hitting the eyepiece.

The VA3 is really the only solution for using the G10 on the Kowa 883. But because it screws onto both the scope and camera, you basically committ to using the scope primarily for photography.

cheers,
Rick

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back