• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sorry guys, another Bird ID Southern Minnesota US (1 Viewer)

gesmith

Well I finally got this guy. He is REALLY small, fast and colorful. But this bird is so small that a thornbush leaf hides it. I wasn't even sure something was there except the bush branches moving in opposition of the breeze in the area. I find this to be somewhat like fishing. Waiting for the bush branches to move like a bobber on the water, then you hook em and photograph em.

http://www.psscript.com/MM/HF/20060831FBTGW_0727_800.JPG

gesmith said:
Well I finally got this guy. He is REALLY small, fast and colorful. But this bird is so small that a thornbush leaf hides it. I wasn't even sure something was there except the bush branches moving in opposition of the breeze in the area. I find this to be somewhat like fishing. Waiting for the bush branches to move like a bobber on the water, then you hook em and photograph em.

http://www.psscript.com/MM/HF/20060831FBTGW_0727_800.JPG

Looks like a female Chestnut-sided Warbler... another photo of a bird identified as such is here.

-George , first off - never be sorry for posting an I.D. question on the forum - it is what so much of us live for. lol - I am going to call it a juvie Chestnut-sided and wait to be corrected . Agian a fantastic photo - keep them comming !

I inadverently shouted out - that was the one that was on Fetlar (so yes Chestnut-sided Warbler - my recall system suffering a momentary name lapse)

Lovely photo!

Very nice CSW, fall (HY) probably female due to no visible chestnut on flanks.

Not only a stunning warbler in summer, but likewise in fall!
JanJ

Last edited:
JANJ said:
Very nice CSW, fall (HY) probably female due to no visible chestnut on flanks.

Not only a stunning warbler in summer, but likewise in fall!
JanJ

Exactly JanJ. A Chestnut-sided Warbler in fall plumage means autumn is here in my neck of the woods. I love to see them even in this plumage. Great photo gesmith.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back