• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Barn Owls - Tonbridge (1 Viewer)

robski

I went out this afternoon on my local patch not expecting to photography very much as it was still windy. Whilst out I bumped into a follow bird watcher and his wife and got chatting. In passing Bird Forum was mentioned ( not members but among the lurkers ) and some nearby Barn Owls. I tagged along with them to see the barn owl location. Much to my joy the pair of barn owls made an appearance. Attached are some distant shots. I must brush up my Bird in flight technique to get some shots worthy of my gallery.

Many thanks to the couple if you happen to lurk and see this post. I never dreamed of seeing Barn Owls Close to home. I am on holiday for the next few days so some 7am visits are in order. :t:

Is that collecting nesting material or prey ?

Attachments

• wbf_2056.jpg
    wbf_2056.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 71
  • wbf_2083.jpg
    wbf_2083.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 81
  • wbf_2089.jpg
    wbf_2089.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 96
Hi Rob

You did very well with these shots and well done on some great views! I had prolonged views of BO at Titchwell in the week and seen several in Sussex recently too ... must be the time of year! Fantastic to watch, like giant pale moths, silently fluttering and hovering ...

er ... shouldn't you be in bed by now then ;)

Ps thanks for the advice re: the camera/cf card etc! (posted a few pics on the Titchwell thread, I agree, not easy to get birds in flight, got a few flyover geese but bluuuuured!)

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back