• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Laughing Falcons (1 Viewer)

Dave B Smith

For those interested in Falcons, I just posted two photos of a Laughing Falcon in the Gallery. See links below.

This bird is fairly common here in Campeche state and is a very "cool" looking bird. His mask would make Zorro envious! And aside from his good looks, he has an incredible call. I'm also putting a link in for this. When you go to the call link, click on the one under the Laughing Falcon that says "In this Sample". It is incredible and will have you "laughing" along with the Falcon.

While the photos don't do the bird justice, I hope y'all enjoy seeing one of our local Raptors.

Photo links:
See photo further down in post.

Voice link:
http://www.naturesongs.com/CRsounds.html#LFALC

enjoy,

Last edited:
Thanks for those links, Dave.

The "laughing" call is, in places, surprisingly similar to the early-morning (4:45 a.m.) wake-up call we get from our Laughing Kookaburra (Dacelo novaeguineae).

The galleries are closed, so I'll have to come back to see the photos, but that call is incredible!! It really is a LAUGH! I liked the illustration that went along with the audio samples, but can't wait to see your photos.

Laughing Falcon

Seems like the Gallery is down for longer than expected so I went ahead and attached one of the photos here.

Attachments

• laughing falcon 2.jpg
    laughing falcon 2.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 193
Dave, the photo links to the gallery appear to have disappeared so you will probably have to re-sumbit them and re-edit your links in the first post to them.:t:

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back