• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Best of the mid-range 8x32s? (1 Viewer)

My basic question is thus:
Which of the mid-range 8x32s would/did you choose and why?

Justin

The Maven B3 8 x 30 is an amazing binocular which punches way above its weight. I own a Maven B2 9 x 45 which is even more amazing but full size binocular so I figured I had nothing to lose by trying a Maven B3 demo. I was so impressed, I kept the demo (which seemed identical to new but sold at a lower price and included a case) and sold my Meopta 8 x 32 Meostar, the previous reigning champ.

I was leaning towards the Euro or Zeiss but ended up getting a pair of the 8x32 Viper HD for a very good price. I will try and compare them and see what I think, but in comparison to the SLC HD I am pleased with the view!

Great! I think that was a solid choice for sure! Ebay has a couple of them in $390 range i see this am. That's a lot of binocular for that much money. REALLY would be hard to prove the Euro HD is worth $260 more...

The Maven B3 8 x 30 is an amazing binocular which punches way above its weight. I own a Maven B2 9 x 45 which is even more amazing but full size binocular so I figured I had nothing to lose by trying a Maven B3 demo. I was so impressed, I kept the demo (which seemed identical to new but sold at a lower price and included a case) and sold my Meopta 8 x 32 Meostar, the previous reigning champ.

I'd probably still have the B3 IF it had a mm or two more ER... Nice optics...

I was leaning towards the Euro or Zeiss but ended up getting a pair of the 8x32 Viper HD for a very good price. I will try and compare them and see what I think, but in comparison to the SLC HD I am pleased with the view!

Well done Justin, let us know what you think of them.

Lee

Great! I think that was a solid choice for sure! Ebay has a couple of them in $390 range i see this am. That's a lot of binocular for that much money. REALLY would be hard to prove the Euro HD is worth $260 more...

I actually got them new, from Cabela's, for just under $310. Great deal, not sure I've seen a better one in this price range.

Jgraider, I am not either of those 2 individuals, but I did own a set of 8x30 Mavens and I could remove eyepieces completely.

Mr Chartwell, or chill6x6, do the maven 8x30 eyepieces unscrew so you can remove them entirely?

Jgraider, I am not either of those 2 individuals, but I did own a set of 8x30 Mavens and I could remove eyepieces completely.

Thanks because I didn't know the answer. I had the B.3 for two days and returned after realizing they didn't have quite enough eye relief...

I have Helios 8x32; Hawke 8x43 (go to binos); Zeiss 10x42 ED Conquest and recently Opticron SR GA 8X32. I'm sure all the above companies will offer decent mid price options - especially Hawke and Zeiss. BUT, the one that have impressed me the most for the price are the Opticrons - https://www.amazon.com/Opticron-30320-SR-GA-8x32-Binocular/dp/B005S3AIBA The issues are - price range; porro or roof; waterproof etc - and then how the binos feel in the hand, and the look of the view.

Thanks because I didn't know the answer. I had the B.3 for two days and returned after realizing they didn't have quite enough eye relief...
I sold mine due to the focuser changing up on me in different temps. There were times in sub zero temps I could barely get it to turn. I've been told they have since corrected the problem.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back