• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Digiscoping mount? (1 Viewer)

Digbert Doobrey

Happy new year to all.

I've just brought an ES 80 GA ed scope. I would also like the digiscoping kit but as I already have a panansonic lumix compact I dont want to pay the full price. Does anyone know how I can get my hands on just the mount without the camera? Are there any shops that sell them seperately?

The mounts are not supplied separately to the cameras. Pete at Opticron in an earlier post said that the mount would only be supplied separately if replacing a faulty unit, ie you'd already bought the full kit.
Annoying but if that's their policy there isn't much that can be done. Personally I'd buy the full kit again and sell the old camera on Bird forum or fleabay

Ok cheers for that. Might buy one of those universal ones though, although they look a bit naff. Think I'll just get used to using the scope first before I get into digiscoping.

If Pete Gamby sees this he might respond to you. He was most helpful when I was in the position of looking for an adaptor.
Managed to get one for my DS7.
If not Girton do a sleeve thingy which works well and they make it to fit your scope and camera. Cost is about £30. Check their website and give them a ring. They like Pete are most obliging.

Hugh

As noted by Chris, the current mount only works with the FS10.

The lens mounts are bought in to match the quantities of cameras that we buy plus a small percentage to allow for replacement/warranty. Hence we generally do not supply them on their own.

The universal mount from SRB Griturn does work with various compact cameras. The main restriction is on the diameter of the lens housing. The product is here:

http://www.srb-griturn.com/dc-mount-1602-p.asp

and requires a step ring to work with the Opticron DCC adaptor.

Cheers, Pete

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back