• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss fl 10x56 vs Zeiss 10X56B T*P* (1 Viewer)

batvenci

I want to ask what is the difference in clarity, contrast, sharpness and brightness between the zeiss design selection 10x56 and zeiss fl 10x56? Is there difference in brightness and 3D view? Many thanks!

Haven't used the 10x56 FL but own the 10x56 DS.

The DS view is muddled by excessive CA, the sweetspot small and overall sharpness / contrast / brightness easily bested by mid-tier current glass. Any ideas of superiority over current glass is all just nostalgia.

Also, ergo's on the DS are horrendous - heavy, slippery, tiny focus wheel that is stiff and almost useless with gloves on.

Other than that - a world-beater.

Haven't used the 10x56 FL but own the 10x56 DS.

The DS view is muddled by excessive CA, the sweetspot small and overall sharpness / contrast / brightness easily bested by mid-tier current glass. Any ideas of superiority over current glass is all just nostalgia.

Also, ergo's on the DS are horrendous - heavy, slippery, tiny focus wheel that is stiff and almost useless with gloves on.

Other than that - a world-beater.

You nailed it James. How that focus wheel got past any sort of field testing is a mystery.

Lee

That's an easy one.
The Frog design team decided it looked nicer.
Looks over function. Thank God, that period is overo:)

Jan

What you mean is that the focus wheel didn't pass any field trials because there were no field trials, just handing round prototypes in the local bierkeller in dim lighting and with distracting bar-maids?

Please can I go to meetings like this? :king:

Lee

What you mean is that the focus wheel didn't pass any field trials because there were no field trials, just handing round prototypes in the local bierkeller in dim lighting and with distracting bar-maids?

Please can I go to meetings like this? :king:

Lee

This was in the pre-Petra period. She wouldn't have allowed it;)

Jan

I am surprised that the older Design Selection is better than FL, but on cloudynights someone said that Zeiss Fl 10x56 is a little bit sharper than SLC 10x56 HD which also surprises me alot.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back