• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bidding on scopes on eBay - advice? (1 Viewer)

Terry O'Nolley

Cow-headed Jaybird
My main concern with eBay purchases is that none of the sellers I have contacted prior to bidding knows if an adapter for their scope is available to allow digiscoping with it.

Is there a list somewhere that provides a reference for the manufacturer and model number of scopes and the adapters that will fit and which digital cameras will work with the adapter?

You would think this sort of information would be so basic to the very concept of digiscoping that someone would have compiled it, but I can't find it anywhere.

Hi Terry

Try Scopetronix. They have a "wizard" for most camera/scope combinations.

That said it is probably possible to get (or have made) an adapter for just about any combination. That doesn't mean to say they are all equally suitable but a scan through various forums here or the gallery will show you the most popular.

Nigel G said:
Hi Terry

Try Scopetronix. They have a "wizard" for most camera/scope combinations.

That said it is probably possible to get (or have made) an adapter for just about any combination. That doesn't mean to say they are all equally suitable but a scan through various forums here or the gallery will show you the most popular.
Nigel - you hit the bulls-eye with this reply. THANK YOU! That is exactly what I was looking for. I am going to bookmark it.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back