• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Panasonic TZ7 (1 Viewer)

Wimpy

Like most people I use my compact digital for more than just digiscoping so when my Olympus C 5500 packed up I started to look around.
I choose the Panasonic TZ7 because of it's great reviews, 12x zoom and the ability to take HD videos and a 25mm wide angle.
So there has to be a down side. There is very little manual control.

I have just ordered a new scope (Opticron HR 80ED) and in the process used the TZ7 to take some very quickly composed comparison shots.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/OzbtUYzJFJbsN0MKFKkyVg?feat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...?authkey=Gv1sRgCJjOjNeczMGMBg&feat=directlink

These images were taken on the "normal mode" this gives some control but not aperture or shutter. I have used the macro setting to get the focus, exposure and focus are set to spot. These were hand held shots at about 1/40th to 1/80th second.

There is a hugh selection of "scenes" including "sport" and "beach" and "aircraft" which set the focus to infinity (I think).

Can anyone give me any advice on this type of digital camera.

Please don't say buy a CoolPix!! ;)

Thanks in advance

Wimpy

Last edited:
Great vacation cam but the 12x lens and lack of controls make it a poor choice for digiscoping. It will drive you mad in the field. Get the Pany FX150.

Rick

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back