• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Late Zeiss 8x56 hard case - How do I tether the leather straps? (1 Viewer)

Rathaus

Silly question perhaps - I've been using the soft case for the 8x56 but I've got a late black leather hard case for it. It's been sitting in a closet. I've dumped all of my leather straps and bits into a box and I've found two coiled lengths of buckled black leather strap. I think these may be for the hard case. It seems there is accommodation for the straps to be threaded underneath the case as well as the sides. Pictures are scarce for this late case strapped up.

Any ideas on how Zeiss intended it to be tethered?

Cheers,
Rathaus

Hi there,
It might be similar to the brown hard case for the Hensoldt 16x56.
The straps were for the case and the eyepieces guard (rainguard?).
My hands are not so good at the moment, so I can't check mine.

You might find photos for this or a Hensoldt 8x56?

Hi there,
It might be similar to the brown hard case for the Hensoldt 16x56.
The straps were for the case and the eyepieces guard (rainguard?).
My hands are not so good at the moment, so I can't check mine.

You might find photos for this or a Hensoldt 8x56?

Ok many thanks for that, I'll have a look.

Last night I threaded one of the straps underneath the case under the two guides. They were very tight so I prized them a bit with a screwdriver. Nothing popped. It's hard to think they weren't intended for this....plus the fact that two straps were supplied.

Cheers
Rathaus

Don't know if it's right, but I ended up tethering it like in the photo. If anybody's interested, it's the hard Zeiss case from that Italian website. Seems to be the only place that has them. The case seems fine to me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 147
Thanks for the feedback folks.

I have received a few PMs about ordering this case and queries/concerns regarding shipment time. Yes, the shipment of this product appears to be on the very slow side. I'm not sure why. I had almost given up on mine arriving and then it did arrive in perfect order. From memory, it was somewhere between six and eight weeks in arriving. I ordered and received both the hard and soft case at the same time.

In contrast, I have received products from Switzerland and Austria within 4-5 days of ordering, which I thought was astonishing.

Cheers,
Rathaus

Thanks for the feedback folks.

I have received a few PMs about ordering this case and queries/concerns regarding shipment time. Yes, the shipment of this product appears to be on the very slow side. I'm not sure why. I had almost given up on mine arriving and then it did arrive in perfect order. From memory, it was somewhere between six and eight weeks in arriving. I ordered and received both the hard and soft case at the same time.

In contrast, I have received products from Switzerland and Austria within 4-5 days of ordering, which I thought was astonishing.

Cheers,
Rathaus

I suppose because this is a rare item, it took a while for the cobbler to
make it. This is a special hand made one, not from the warehouse bin.
You do need to tell us your cost for this case.

Jerry

I suppose because this is a rare item, it took a while for the cobbler to
make it. This is a special hand made one, not from the warehouse bin.
You do need to tell us your cost for this case.

Jerry

Jerry,

I did wonder if it was handmade once ordered. It says Aus $250 discounted to $237, but I have a feeling I paid more than this. Maybe the exchange rate wasn't in my favour so much.

Here's a link to the hard case.
https://www.binostore.com/en/zeiss/cases/hard-leather-case-dialyt-8x56-ga-t.html

Here's a link to the soft case
https://www.binostore.com/en/accessories/cases/leather-soft-case-for-dialyt-8x56-ga-t/

I was of the view to snap them up while they still make them...or while they still exist. This appeared to be the last place on earth which still sells them new.

Rathaus

Last edited:
Some folks had sent me PMs worried about how long this case took to deliver.

I'm just enquiring as to whether people got their cases eventually?

Are people happy with the case?

Cheers,
Rathaus

I ordered the 8x56 case too, and Rathaus was kind enough to let me know the approximate turnaround time it took for his case to arrive. Mine took exactly 2 months from the time I ordered it until it arrived at my door in the U.S. I did email the Binostore after about 6 weeks, inquiring how long it was likely to take. They responded the next day saying that it was unusual for the case to take this long and said it should arrive over the next week or so which it did.

The case is of the same quality as the older Zeiss 8x56 case, which I also have, and it came supplied with the straps that Rathaus references too.

I ordered the 8x56 case too, and Rathaus was kind enough to let me know the approximate turnaround time it took for his case to arrive. Mine took exactly 2 months from the time I ordered it until it arrived at my door in the U.S. I did email the Binostore after about 6 weeks, inquiring how long it was likely to take. They responded the next day saying that it was unusual for the case to take this long and said it should arrive over the next week or so which it did.

The case is of the same quality as the older Zeiss 8x56 case, which I also have, and it came supplied with the straps that Rathaus references too.

Ahh that's great to hear that it finally turned up...and hopefully the cases arrived ok for the others too. Mine was around 6-8 weeks. Perhaps they are made to order after all?
Great to hear that the quality matches the older case too :t:

Rathaus

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back