• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Member from NE Oklahoma (1 Viewer)

oprakitas

I am 68 years old. female, married for 49 years and I have lived in northeast Oklahoma for 65 of those years. I enjoy anything to do with nature. animals and birds. I have been a wildlife rehabilitator for over 10 years. I have raised show akitas for twenty years, but I am having to slow down with this "love of my life" hobby due to my age. I live on about 250 acres of hills, creeks and timber. I want to make bird and wildlife photography my major hobby now that I do have to slow down with other activities. I just got a Fz5 Lumix camera, and want to belong to the forum so I can learn as much as possible. (The main thing I have learned so far about my camera is that I know next to nothing! and I still need all types of lenses and a tripod - plus just plain "learning how to utilize what I have".) :h?: I have signed up for classes on digital photography but they do not start until August or September so I need to learn from others in the meantime.

I also am very happily babysitting my 5 1/2 month old grandson while his parents work, so you know I take dozens of pictures of him every day.

I hope to meet all of you thru this forum who have like interests.

Hi oprakitas,

A warm welcome to BirdForum from all the Moderators and Admin. :t:

I am sure you will find plenty of help with the photography here - don't be afraid to ask any questions.

Yo oprakitas and a warm welcome to you, you've found the right place for advice, maybe we'll see some of your work in the gallery before long!

All the best

Stewart

:bounce:

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back