• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Points Game Version 3.0-British Garden Birds!!! (1 Viewer)

I don't know what to do! Erm cos if I gave everyone 10 points for every single bird that isn't on the list it wouldn't be fair, I will give a limit of 5 birds not on the list so if you have alot you can only get a maximum of 50 points for them. SO I will give Jane and Kat 50 points.
If anyone else has had 5 or more birds that are not on the list please let me know and I will sort it out. I should have thought of this earlier.

I have five (at least) that aren't on your list. Yellow Wag, Sand Martin, Common Tern, Canada Goose, Cormorant spring to mind, but I think there are probably a few more.

The Devil Bird; said:
I don't know what to do! Erm cos if I gave everyone 10 points for every single bird that isn't on the list it wouldn't be fair, I will give a limit of 5 birds not on the list so if you have alot you can only get a maximum of 50 points for them. SO I will give Jane and Kat 50 points.
If anyone else has had 5 or more birds that are not on the list please let me know and I will sort it out. I should have thought of this earlier.

That's fair.... I'll make my five birds White-rumped Sandpiper, White-winged Black Tern, Wryneck, Yellow-browed Warbler and Long-tailed Skua!

I've added 50 points for each of you that has seen 5 or more other birds. Final pat is coming up. Janes garden truly is spectactular.
GOLD Jane Turner 331.
Silver Kat with 311.
4th Teamsaint 250.
5th Mark Howes 200.
6th Rezmole 208.
7th Mabel 123.
8th The Devil Bird 106.
9th On-firecrest 67
10th Pe'rigrin 56
11th Claire78 29

The final part.....

Well, it has been great running these bird points games and I love doing them but I think until the yearlist 08 version, this may be it. But you can update your scores for all of them if you have seen anything new since we played.
I'll miss the points games :-C , I have come up with ideas for local patch points games and even day points games but I don't think they will catch on. If you think otherwise then please tell me.

Any way we finish off the bird points games for 2007 with part 7 of version 3.0 Garden Birds and a total of 77 points available for this round:

Brambling 9
Bullfinch 9
Greenfinch 4
Goldfinch 4
Siskin 6
Linnet 8
Redpoll 9
Hawfinch 10
Yellowhammer 9
Reed Bunting 9

25 for me

Last edited:
Sorry a bit behind here part 6
a bit poor 25
part 7
a poor 26

Other birds in my garden
Cuckoo, Whitethroat, Hobby, Lapwing, Herring and LBB gulls

Mark

Ok the final scoreboard, we still need Claire's, Pe'rigrins and On-firecrests scores.
Congratulations Jane Turner, bird points extraordinaire! The glory and the crown of bird points game 3.0 garden birds is yours :king: !Well done! Also Silver award goes to Kat and bronze award goes to Mark Howes.
Finally I want to thank you all for playing bird points game 3.0 garden points and please update your score if you see anything new and feel free to take part in the 08 year list version when it comes and see my quiz if you want (see signature).
GOLD Jane Turner 398. :king: :king: :king:
Silver Kat with 378. :king: :king:
Bronze Mark Howes 301. :king:
5th Teamsaint 273. :clap:
6th Rezmole 231. :clap:
7th Mabel 154. :clap:
8th The Devil Bird 106. (I would clap but you don't applaud yourself )
I would clap these but I am only allowed ten smiles so imagine them)
9th On-firecrest 67
10th Pe'rigrin 56
11th Claire78 29

sorry for the late update but i have been on holiday so...
part 4 +40
part 5 +28
part 6 +27
part 7 +17
and my five ten pointers can be hobby, buzzard, lbb gull, herring gull and stock dove.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back