• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

what should i do?!(mourning dove) (1 Viewer)

emilygoat

sry new here so idk if im doing this right..

my cat attacked a dove yesterday but i dont think it received any wounds since i got to it in time(no blood, looks fine but missing a few feathers..) and my mom wont let me take it to a vet to get it checked out since i know cat saliva can be very harmful to birds, but ill call the wildlife people tomorrow. but i put it in a large cardboard box(~3x2x2 feet). it looks healthy today(eating, normal poo).

i would have let it go earlier, but it cant fly, it only gos like a foot up in the air. it looks like an adult, maybe a bit small, but it cant fly! im scared if i let it go my cat will get it again or one of the many other cats in my neighborhood. Also its completely tame!! wayyy nicer than my past birds. i got it to sit on my finger and shoulder, and it ate from my hand.

is this normal? i feel like it must have had human interaction in the past alot or it wouldn't be this comfy around me. i wish i could keep it:/ also, how old do you think this bird is?

Attachments

• 100_2032.jpg
    100_2032.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back