• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Southern Hungarian Fish Farms (1 Viewer)

black52bird

As I was down in Szeged on the Hungarian/Serbia & Montenegran / Romanian border for work, I rented a car and took my first look at some of the big stretches of water in that area: The Feher To (White Lake) immediately north of Szeged, then the Peteri To and Csaj To, further north. They are groups of lakes, some quite extensive, with causeways between them, finged with Phragmites reed-beds, and various other channels and holding basins to move the water around. The depth of water varies, and thus the birds do to. They are all working fish farms, but no work was actually taking place while I was there. It was an extremely sunny day and very warm by mid afternoon. A lot of duck were in moult, and in general numbers were less than expected both in terms of the species seen and the numbers of each species. I hope, however, the enclosed list may be of interest.
Best
David

Attachments

• SZEGEDBIRD.doc
    30 KB · Views: 122
Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back