• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

what's so good about bauer binoculars? (1 Viewer)

HenryCrabb3

I've started hearing about bauer binoculars. Anyone know much about them?
need to know more before i part with my cash...

I spend alot of time at dusk and wanted a set with good viewing at twilight, and would fancy a decent pair of 8x42's but not go into zeiss or swarovski price range.

thanks in advance HC

I spend alot of time at dusk and wanted a set with good viewing at twilight, and would fancy a decent pair of 8x42's but not go into zeiss or swarovski price range.

thanks in advance HC

Never heard of them - are you sure you heard right?

What is your price range?

thanks in advance HC

Best to try them in person. I suspect this is another Germasian brand that uses a germanic sounding name on Chinese binoculars.

The site says that Bauer got started as a distributor or retailer of top tier optics in the 1930s, which suggests that this is hopefully a house brand, built to their specs, but perhaps just a standard offering branded by them. It would take someone who knew the current lines of the Chinese producers to clarify the actual specifics.
That said, it is interesting that Minox is able to assemble their latest binoculars in Germany, presumably from Chinese components, at competitive price points. Maybe Bauer is doing the same?

Bauer do look like a `German Hawke or Zen-Ray. Interesting that they have one or two binoculars of 8/10x32 and Zen-Ray are still to bring one out of that spec! The HD's look very much like Theron bin's?

I would agree with the others. That first model reminds me of one of the Minox models...can't think of which one right now. The second one is a deadringer for the Zen Ray ED, Promaster or Hawke Frontier ED. The third looks very much like the Promaster Infinity (non-ED model) and the last seems to remind me of the Zen Ray Vista or Summit maybe?

Their spotter also looks really familiar in comparison to one of the models I saw on the net recently. Give me a couple minutes to see if I can find it again.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back