• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Camera in next box - how to do this, please. (1 Viewer)

mickledore

We have a next box on our back wall. It's been up for 10 years or more, and every year we raise a brood of Great Tits. They've just flown for this year.

Wifey has now decided that she woould like a camera in there to see what is going on.

The box is one I built many years ago following a RSPB design to encourage house sparrows. It has three compatments with three entry holes. Great tits have taken over the end compartment, and have never let anything else near the other two compartments, so these are permanently empty. I'd like to use this existing box as the birds seem to like it and thought that I could put some Camera workings in the unused parts.

This is where the problems begin. What do I get, and how do I set it up. I've trawled the interweb and there are lots of kits available, but they all either want to sell a new box, or assume that I have the knowledge of how to set up a camera.

Can anyone give me a fools run down as to how to set up a camera? If possible some form of wi-fi transmitter would be best to save problems of long cable runs all through the house.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back