• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Green Heron eating large fish (1 Viewer)

They eat my neighbor's carp, (small hip Japanese carp) in their ponds. Nest in our planted Redwoods. Under-appreciated.

Saw this Anhinga in FL attempting to swallow this fish. After 10 minutes still no success and we moved away.

Attachments

• DSC_7431.JPG
    DSC_7431.JPG
    677.4 KB · Views: 37
Great Blue Heron had the problem of too many, rather than too big.
It tried flip both apparently head first, to swallow, dropped one and an Egret melee ensued

Attachments

• K5__1622.jpg
    K5__1622.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 30
Herons eating fish

I have posted this elsewhere but as we are talking herons and fish I thought you might like to see it.Black crowned night heron with carp.After 15 mins with nothing going down I left it to it....Eddy

Attachments

• IMG_2663 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_2663 (640x480).jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 30
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back