• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

First fledgling of the year (1 Viewer)

alcedo.atthis

One fledged C/Crow at Portlethen today being fed by it's parents at my work. Slightly early, but well done to the parents for the brancher surviving the snow over the last few weeks.

Regards

Malky

Anyone else had fledglings this early this before by me there is a collared dove on a nest and birds building them everywhere

had a walk around a local heronry last week and the floor was littered with shells and plenty sqwuaking coming from above. young 'uns me thinks

mamo

timmyjones said:
Anyone else had fledglings this early this before by me there is a collared dove on a nest and birds building them everywhere

Had a streakie juv Common Crossbill ( 4E ) on Monday. Bill was crossed so must have fledged beginning/mid Feb-ish. Still begging for food.

Linz

timmyjones said:

I took this photo of a collared dove chick last Friday

Attachments

• 2005-pigeon-chick.jpg
    2005-pigeon-chick.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 73
Birds building nests/checking out nest sites all over the place. Think I've seen fledgling blackbirds, not definitely though.

"Hi Malky, did it have a ring on? If not why not?"

Well, you have managed to get it going. Stuart Reeves will probably be in touch.
And, no, it wisnae rung.

Regards

Malky

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back