• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

large Acrocephalus Warbler from Jeddah (1 Viewer)

ammadoux

Registered doux
a bit large moving very fast, pumping its tail up and down. long time i did not see the great reed but in all the videos is saw it dose not move the tail this way, not much i found about the clamorous reed, they are breeding in Jeddah.

but i am also thinking of Basra reed warbler, Acrocephalus griseldis, this is the time of there passage over Jeddah.

thanks so much for the help.

Attachments

• GRW1a.gif
    GRW1a.gif
    118.2 KB · Views: 98
  • GRW2a.gif
    GRW2a.gif
    133.7 KB · Views: 104
Difficult pictures... I think it could well be a Basra Reed. I've never seen one so can't say anything about tail-pumping. The bill is too slender for Great Reed and the primary-projection seems too long for Clamorous.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back