• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon PowerShot G10 Digital Camera (1 Viewer)

tektite5

Has anyone tried digiscoping with the Canon PowerShot G10 Digital Camera ?
It appears to be an excellent camera. I have the Swaroski 80 HD with DCA adapter. Would like to hear from any who has tried this combination.

Thanks, Gary

Gary,
I've handled it in the shop but it's lens looks unsuitable for digiscoping with normal eyepieces. Might be possible with a Scopetronix Maxview eyepiece or a long eye relief Kowa eyepiece that they have for video cams.
Neil.

Gary,
I've handled it in the shop but it's lens looks unsuitable for digiscoping with normal eyepieces. Might be possible with a Scopetronix Maxview eyepiece or a long eye relief Kowa eyepiece that they have for video cams.
Neil.
Interested in your comment re- G10, which probably saved me buying a G9 !

However, I am trying to make use of a Zeiss scope 65 T FL with a Canon A70. I want to avoid fixing camera onto eyepiece as look for flexibility between viewing birds and occasionally taking a photo. Am I barking up the wrong tree? Coomments welcome !

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back