• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lots of coughs! (1 Viewer)

Geraldine said:
If I were you, Frank, I'd start a new thread about Choughs. You might get a serious conversation about them then!

Maybe! I'm off to Spain tonight, for a couple of weeks, so I guess I won't be seeing any choughs for a while.

Frank

Hi Frank,
There are plenty of Choughs in Spain also,but think that they're more or less confined to the mountains there?
Harry

Harry Hussey said:
Hi Frank,
There are plenty of Choughs in Spain also,but think that they're more or less confined to the mountains there?
Harry
Yes, Harry but I think they're confined to plantations. Aren't they "All-Pine Choughs"?

alan_rymer said:
That pun should not be cone-doned!.
Alan
I would've wanted my 1000th post to be a bit better than that.......but each to his own I suppose ;)

SimonC said:
Alan
I would've wanted my 1000th post to be a bit better than that.......but each to his own I suppose ;)
I don't see why! Your previous 999 won't have been any better ;)

omeyas said:
Maybe! I'm off to Spain tonight, for a couple of weeks, so I guess I won't be seeing any choughs for a while.

Frank

I'm off to Extremadura on Monday for a week. If you're in that area, how do I spot you so that I can get a BF Member lifer on the trip to add to my list?? ;)

digi-birder said:
I'm off to Extremadura on Monday for a week. If you're in that area, how do I spot you so that I can get a BF Member lifer on the trip to add to my list?? ;)

Montefrague?

I'll be the one that looks Spanish, and will be speaking Spanish! Actually I´ll be in the Granada region.

¡Hasta entonces!

Franco

CJW said:
I don't see why! Your previous 999 won't have been any better ;)
Its true!.
I was hoping for something much much worse!.
Iv'e been keeping rather quiet lately, saving and savouring the 1000th, but the strain told!.

Thankyou all!

omeyas said:
Lots of sightings of coughs here in west Wales yesterday, (probably the same pair!). They tend to favour the cliffs on the MOD land which is opened up at weekends. I was just about to snap my award winning shot, when some rock climbers sent them scattering! ;-) Had to make do with some crumby, long distance, much cropped, blurry shots. :-( But they are there!

http://www.pbase.com/image/28558610.jpg

Frank
I'm back to Pembrokshire this weekend hoping for Coughs and Ravens yet again. Failed twice so far!. Doing the Friday night Seabird trip round Skokholm, unless it gets cancelled because of the weather like last year!.
But, It doesn't matter if it is., I'm sure I'll be able to add something to my year list. Virtually any seabird will do it!.

omeyas said:
Montefrague?

I'll be the one that looks Spanish, and will be speaking Spanish! Actually I´ll be in the Granada region.

¡Hasta entonces!

Franco

We're staying at the Finca Santa Marta and travelling round in that general area. It's a birding tour, but only with a small group. A friend of mine has a small birding tour company. Went to Scotland with him the other week. There may be a trip report coming soon, as I think we'll get the bird list tonight. Stupidly, I didn't make my own.

I've been studying the birds we're likely to see out in Spain. I think I may come back with a few lifers!!

¡Hasta entonces! yourself. ;) I hope that's not an insult - my school Spanish is a bit rusty these days.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back