• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from South Africa (1 Viewer)

KevinC

Hi to all, I'm a photographer currently based in Mossel Bay, a beautiful little coastal town along the Garden route in the Western Cape, 480km's east of Cape Town. I am a 'raptor nut' and have been working on a Peregrine book for the past 5 months.

Maybe I should re-phrase that, I have spent 3 years chasing after an elusive pair of perries along a 15km stretch of rugged coastline near my home. I finally located their nest site in early October last year and then spent around 5 hours a day for 3 months observing and photographing the incubating, rearing and fledging of a beautiful young female. (Only one of the 4 eggs laid was viable.)

The writing, however, proceeds at a snails pace.. I will post up some images on the gallery in the next day or so and will provide more details should anyone be interested.

Kind regards, Kevin

Hi Kevin and welcome to Bird Forum from all the Staff and Moderators

I'll look forward to hearing more about the Peregrines and other birds in your area - it sounds lovely there

D

Hi Kevin! Welcome to BirdForum :t:

Looking forward to seeing some of your photos and maybe we'll give you the stimulus to get going on that book ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back