• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Advantages of 40D over 30D? (1 Viewer)

Magpie70

Hello,
I'm wanting to get a second camera body and have decided to either get a new 40D (£619 + 100 cashback = warehouse express) or just get another 30D body off ebay for around £350 ish.

What are the main advantages of a 40D over a 30D?

I currently use a 30D so I was wondering if you think I would be better off paying the extra for the 40D, on the assumption that its a bit of a gamble getting a secondhand camera.
Any advice would be appreciated,
Cheers, Mark.

Hi Mark,

I recently upgrade from the 30D and bought a 40D about a month ago at the then great price of £650.00.What a difference a month makes.

Others will list out the numerous advantages of the 40D over the 30D who are bigger experts than me but for me among the best things are:-

Better build.

Larger screen.

Faster focussing.

More pixels.

Faster fps.

Auto ISO available.

Richer colours.

Max.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back