• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Is Meopta planning to launch a new binocular line..??? (1 Viewer)

cycleguy

If I understand this correctly, a company takes its top end offering and improves upon it with HD glass and offers it to the public only as a house brand item thru a specialty big box retailer with no plans to offer otherwise here or abroad..... doesn't this sound a bit odd?????

Is Meopta planning to come out with a whole new binocular line or do you think they have given up on selling their best binoculars under their own name???

CG

Perhaps I am mistaken but I was under the impression that the 10x42 HD Meopta Meostar is infact available from some retailers (non Cabela). I do wish that they had a 8x42 line though.

I don't see anything odd or unusual about a consumer goods manufacturer creating a special house brand by adding a feature or two to a regular production model. It is quite common. House brands sell so it makes sense for Meopta to take advantage of that option. It really should not matter whether the retailer or Meopta name is on the outside as long as performance is satisfactory. However, are you sure that feature set is available only through the unnamed retailer?

Last edited:
Listen you guys,

Meopta is telling us that its own line is good, a kind of pinnicle of high quality. The fashion of other lines can come an go. They feel that they have done a good work. We have to travel to where they are in their offering.

They are saying that the ED thing is just a marketing hype. It does not count against them.

I wish they were brave with a line of Porros. A bit like the Swarovski Habicht, but a more modern eye piece design. (Porros are not a fashion that went out of style.)

Then I would really believe them. ------ Concerning ED glass, I believe it has added to the good functioning of a binoculars...

Nothing unusual here, folks, no controversy. Nothing to see here, - move along....

Rob.

Also, just for clarification, but all of the Cabela's brand spotting scopes and binoculars Meopta make either have the Meopta logo on them (as is the case with all binoculars, on the front tripod screw cover) or are engraved "Made in Czech Republic".
So if someone is buying a "branded" optic from Meopta, you can be sure it is in fact a Meopta.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back