• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

40D Exif info help please (1 Viewer)

Cashie

Hello folks
United Kingdom
I have taken some test shots with my 40D which have come out brilliantly. When I open them in DPP the Exif information is spot on with the camera but when I look at the Exif info in 'my pictures' properties the shutter speed and apperture are different.

eg: 5.6 @ 200 sec shows as 5.7 @ 197 sec

Can anybody explain why please?

Last edited:
I have been to Jessops the other day & they said they think it's a slight incompatability problem between the firmware of the camera and XP.
They say the cameras software was designed to work with Vista, but i'm not convinced.
Any views on this ?

Cashie, I have Vista and have just cross checked the data between DPP and Windows Photo Gallery from my 40d shots and they do match exactly,although I wouldn't be convinced about Jessops comments.

Tom

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back