• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bearded Vulture in Europe - best spots? (1 Viewer)

carlbo

Dear Birders, I would really like to watch bearded vultures here in Europe. Where are the best spots? Many thanks and best wishes from Berlin, Carl

On a late spring trip (end of May 2009) we had them very nicely indeed throughout the high/middle central Pyrenees every day for a week...

Dérborence and Gemmipass in the Valais, Schilthorn in the Bernese Oberland or Swiss Nationalpark in Graubünden are the best spots in Switzerland. A sunny day gives you a very good chance to see these majestic birds.

André

I agree with the High Pyrenees. Ordessa National Park is reliable, but the end of the road to the Parador at Bielsa is my favourite place.

I've also found the higher Pyrenees in & around Ordesa NP very reliable (for Wallcreeper too), and the setting is spectacular. I prefer spring or autumn when not too many visitors. I always walk up from the valley floor and have had many close views, sometimes even from above. Torla is the usual base but there are several others and the birds can turn up almost anywhere along the chain. But I certainly don't know all the potential sites elsewhere!

We must have the higher concentrations in our valley. 5 pairs....

Luz st sauveur.

Ps without cheating with feeding stations...

(Nope! The above might be good spots, but they're not the best.)

The guy has asked for help. If you don't want to post it on here send him a pm!

(Nope! The above might be good spots, but they're not the best.)

The guy has asked for help. If you don't want to post it on here send him a pm!

You must think I'm glued to this forum 24 hours a day! Please don't be so pushy, the guy can talk for himself I'm sure.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back