• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

rippley lakewater (1 Viewer)

Strandman

could be the name of a folk musician

but in fact a request for advice- I'm on Smew #2 and it's all going a bit wrong, so I thought I might stop and seek out a bit of learning (which for me often means looking for someone to imitate..)

anyone happen to have any favourite examples of painters rendering a rippley lake surface?

inevitably I'm looking at the rough and bristly end of the spectrum (wonderful reflecting watersurfaces by Peter Mathios, Chris Rose are out there of course, but that's way too smoooooth for me to aspire to)

plenty of mighty seascape learning and examples out there too, but that tends to be much bigger rolling water surfaces

not rippley lakewater

I am quite taken with some of the choppier surfaces in Martin Ridley's work (see here Goldeneye and Smew)

http://www.martinridley.com/2_duck_paintings_ducks.html

any bright ideas would be much appreciated, although results cannot be guaranteed

could be the name of a folk musician

but in fact a request for advice- I'm on Smew #2 and it's all going a bit wrong, so I thought I might stop and seek out a bit of learning (which for me often means looking for someone to imitate..)

anyone happen to have any favourite examples of painters rendering a rippley lake surface?

inevitably I'm looking at the rough and bristly end of the spectrum (wonderful reflecting watersurfaces by Peter Mathios, Chris Rose are out there of course, but that's way too smoooooth for me to aspire to)

plenty of mighty seascape learning and examples out there too, but that tends to be much bigger rolling water surfaces

not rippley lakewater

I am quite taken with some of the choppier surfaces in Martin Ridley's work (see here Goldeneye and Smew)

http://www.martinridley.com/2_duck_paintings_ducks.html

any bright ideas would be much appreciated, although results cannot be guaranteed

I could swear I saw Rippley Lakewater advertised for some new music awards ceremony recently! Don't know the answer to the question Ed but I sure a question with which I can sympathize. I can't guarantee you'll find anytihing but it might be worth looking at one of my favorite painters, Winslow Homer.

very nice (and instructive) - I must confess that my mental image of a Derry is his more recent work and so more abstracted and highly-coloured- I hadn't thought to go back in time to the 2007s..

What a beauty! And a wonderful example of ripply lakewater - almost made to order for an example of that.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back