• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Zeiss Neoprene S.o.c (1 Viewer)

SUPPRESSOR

England
Anyone tried the new zeiss neoprene case yet? I have one on order.You can see photo on the Zeiss website.
.......................................fiddler.

FIDDLER said:
Anyone tried the new zeiss neoprene case yet? I have one on order.You can see photo on the Zeiss website.
.......................................fiddler.

Not heard of this previously, but am interested. Got a Diascope 65 several weeks ago but can't get a decent Stay on Case (Skua's are out of stock everywhere and the dealers 'Zeiss' case was dreadful).
Where did you order it from (and how much)???

Let us know what you think of it.

Steve Jones said:
Not heard of this previously, but am interested. Got a Diascope 65 several weeks ago but can't get a decent Stay on Case (Skua's are out of stock everywhere and the dealers 'Zeiss' case was dreadful).
Where did you order it from (and how much)???

Let us know what you think of it.
Hi Steve,
South west optics £69.They have the 85ml in stock but not the 65ml,maybe next week.I have the original on my 65ml at the moment I know alot of people don't think much of it,but once you have mastered the zipps its not too bad.This new one is nearly £20 cheaper.
Steve from SWO said it looks good!!
............................................fiddler.
Ps No zipps on this latest case!!

Thats not a bad price if it does the job, about the same as Skua's. I'd still like you to give a 'mini review' of it (if your Ok with that) while I wait for the 65's come into stock.

Boy am i glad to have the nikon 82 ed & the pentax pf,s .They all came with decent usable stay on cases for free .Those european scope companies are really cheap.
Gloating Brian.

Pete ,maybe i should have said miserly .For the prices they charge they should include a stay on case .
By the way i am from West Ham in the UK & visit the UK quite often .I,ll be there again in september.
Cheers , Brian.

Looking at the pics it seems to be a lot more basic than a Skua case. Any Skua case owners out there that can comment on the quality of their case???

Steve Jones said:
Looking at the pics it seems to be a lot more basic than a Skua case. Any Skua case owners out there that can comment on the quality of their case???
It does what it says on the tin! Its a tight stretch fit, in three sections which are linked together with a flat nylon bit that clips together or clips undone.

For the money it represents good value (particularly as the old one was c**p!)

Price seems unsure, I've seen someone near me selling them for £59

Skua versions were also good but try obtaining one.

I got one a 3 weeks ago. The stretchy neoprene just pulls over the scope and fits like a glove, and is quite thick. Should protect well against bumps/bangs/scratches etc. The end caps work very well indeed and just simply pull over each end of the scope for a secure fit. With no zips/velcro in sight it is designed to protect the scope without becoming annoying. There is a cutaway underneath, where the rubber armoured section is, and on top where the focus wheels are.
In use it is only a matter of a few seconds to pull off the caps (retained by the elastic)and the scope is ready for use.
It looks smart too.

Steve Jones said:
I got one a 3 weeks ago. The stretchy neoprene just pulls over the scope and fits like a glove, and is quite thick. Should protect well against bumps/bangs/scratches etc. The end caps work very well indeed and just simply pull over each end of the scope for a secure fit. With no zips/velcro in sight it is designed to protect the scope without becoming annoying. There is a cutaway underneath, where the rubber armoured section is, and on top where the focus wheels are.
In use it is only a matter of a few seconds to pull off the caps (retained by the elastic)and the scope is ready for use.
It looks smart too.

Hi Steve,
Are the end caps attached to the main cover or do we have to carry them in our pockets while the scope is in use? If they are attached do they hamper viewing in any way? This is the best photo I could find on the net:

http://www.opticsspot.com/detail.aspx?ID=990

But the details are not prominent enough to tell if the end caps are attached.

Thanks,
Madpitta.

madpitta said:
Hi Steve,
Are the end caps attached to the main cover or do we have to carry them in our pockets while the scope is in use? If they are attached do they hamper viewing in any way? This is the best photo I could find on the net:

http://www.opticsspot.com/detail.aspx?ID=990

But the details are not prominent enough to tell if the end caps are attached.

Thanks,
Madpitta.
The end caps are attached to the main cover on elastic, but with a plastic clip in the middle of the elastic, so that you can leave them on or remove them as you wish.
As the caps are made of the same thick neoprene as the case they hang down beneath the scope when taken off, and due to being quite substantial material do not blow about much, thus not interfering with scope use. Due to the caps being made to the exact shape of each end of the scope they fit like a glove (I have the large zoom on the 'viewing end').

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back