• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

free (?) online image storage (1 Viewer)

dantheman

Bah humbug
Can't see any related threads, just wondering what the score is with this nowadays. Back from hols with maybe 500 images I want to keep and not much room on the computer. Plus of course I can then let other people look at my holiday snaps. I think I've heard of something called Picasa, but know little about the subject.

Any recommendations? Cheers ...

Picasa is Googles image editing and management app. It will also let you upload up to 1Gb of your photos to a free online site. If you just want the web space without the editing and management app then there are lots of other alternatives. The Cloud services from Dropbox, Box, OneDrive etc offer varying levels of storage and syncing options with the option to share folders with specific people or the world. The Granddaddy of photo storage is Flickr offering basically unlimited storage, most photographers on here will have some experience of it, some good some bad. I'm in the camp of never having used it so can't comment, but I know certain aspects of it get some peoples backs up!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back