• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ID please, probable CC, South East UK (1 Viewer)

Tog

I was out looking for Goldcrest today with no luck but while scanning some brambles surrounding a tree i saw a small bird moving about at great speed. When i managed to see it properly i saw it wasnt a goldcrest and made the assumption of chiff chaff.
It was moving silly fast and not stopping in one place at all.
It would hop around in the brambles before darting up to the tree where it would land before immediately dropping down into the brambles.
It was sunny but quite windy ( not sure if that would effect the actions of the bird)
The worst part is these images may well be of two different birds as i struggled to keep track of where it was and i am convinced a second bird did appear.
As title says it probaby is a CC however the there seems to be a bit too much colour in the bird and it just has me all a bit confused so any comments much appreciated.
Sorry about the images but like i said this bird would not stay still

Attachments

• IMG_1962.jpg
    IMG_1962.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1963.jpg
    IMG_1963.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1964.jpg
    IMG_1964.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_1965.jpg
    IMG_1965.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1966.jpg
    IMG_1966.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 69
final pics

Attachments

• IMG_1967.jpg
    IMG_1967.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1968.jpg
    IMG_1968.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1969.jpg
    IMG_1969.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 50
Agreed. Often find when we get 2 Chiffs in the garden they sooner or later end up chasing each other and it then becomes dificult to know how many there are.

Ray

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back